I've explored many variations of teardrop shapes, especially for earrings, and I went on the search for a word other than teardrop. And I found one. It's a good word. Lachrymiform. (It means teardrop shaped.)
There's a full rainbow of these simple and very wearable borosilicate earrings. Available in 16 different colors, these earrings are finished with sterling silver ear wires, plated jump ring. Most of these colors are transparent, beautifully catching light and sparkle. Each component is approximately 1.5" long, and with the ear wires measure just over 2."
Working from left to right in the main photo (and in order in the 2 detail pics):
2. Parralax (** This is a soft transparent gray in incandescent light and a transparent purpley magenta under fluorescent light).
3. Moonstone- this one is hard to capture. Mostly transparent, with a hint of cloudy opaline translucency.
4. Purple Rain (transparent purple)
5. Rozay (transparent pink)
6. Amber Purple (a dark amber with hints of deep purple)
7. Transparent dark red
8. Transparent Amber/ Apricot
9. Pale Serum (** This is a pale yellow that shifts to a peachy pink tone under fluorescent light.)
10. Crippy (transparent light green)
11. Millenium Moss (a sparkly translucent green)
12. English Ivy (an earthy green transparent)
13. Transparent teal
14. Transparent Ice Blue
15. Blue Sparkle
16. Dark Blue Sparkle